LEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER,
10 Months, 2015
Pallion is a collection of 9 different brands in the precious metals industry, each with their own brand, positioning, target market and design style. I work on top-priority projects, such as new product launch catalogues and website builds, while managing a junior designer and a team of 3 interns.
The consistency of brand is incredibly important to Pallion due to their brand positioning, and all work was executed to an extremely high standard. It is a pressure filled environment, and managing different agendas has been key to my success at Pallion, as well as strong time management and organisational skills.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS –
- ‘My Dream Ring’ Catalogue and product range launch. Currently in its second print run, total 5,000 copies
- Part of a collaborative team who built 3 websites from scratch, each doubling in viewership after build
- Visual refresh of 1 website, which has doubled viewership after the refresh
- Complete redesign of a high-profit e-commerce website
- ‘Regentco Findings’ Catalogue. Currently in its second print run, total 5,000 copies published
- Growth in followers across a total of 25 social media pages on various platforms
- Concept designs for a range of gold products for The Star
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER,
6 months, 2014
I worked as a freelance graphic designer in a number of agencies across Sydney, on different length contracts. Most significantly, I was employed with Loud Communications for 3 months during a key growth period and worked on a number of key projects with them. I also worked with Now Communications for a total of 2 weeks, and with Gotham Agency for 4 weeks.During this period I also took on a higher number of personal graphic design clients, including Lifestart Pty Ltd (a not-forprofit in the disability services area), HostGeek (a web-hosting company) and Circa Espresso. I have worked as a freelance graphic designer throughout my career, but this was a great chance to really experience what full-time freelancing could look like.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS –
- Working on campaigns for national bodies (IAG/SES and NSW Govt. most significantly)
- Working for a range of companies in the health space (GSK, Avante and Opal Aged Care to name a few) on different printed campaigns
- Managing to secure continuous freelance contracts through myown moxy, rather than a recruitment agent
SOLE GRAPHIC DESIGNER & MARKETING EXECUTIVE,
2 years, 8 months 2012 – 2014
I worked as the sole graphic designer and generalist marketing executive for Sika Australia during a period of rapid growth in their retail sector. This role was a fantastic opportunity for me to grow as a designer, take time to get to know a brand incredibly well and then challenge many of the preconceived ideas of the company.
I completed a huge range of projects in my time at Sika Australia, including a complete range packaging design; design and publishing of Synergy magazine for 6 issues, including a redesign; content creation, social media management and developing influencer relationships; and publishing their first designed product catalogue.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS –
- Packaging redesign resulting in a 200% Increase in sales Complete rebrand of Sika Australia’s retail sub brands andassociated materials
- Complete design of a comprehensive product guide, including content creation and management through product managers
- Pitching of new product ranges into major retailers (Bunnings, Mitre 10) in collaboration with the Retail Manager
- Creation, growth and management of a range of social media channels and influencer relationships to support those channels (eg. bloggers and celebrities)
CONTENT CREATOR & GRAPHIC DESIGNER,
1 year, 3 months 2010 – 2012
I worked at Cracka Wines as a junior during a major growth period for the business, producing content for their website including a vast variety of written and image content. I was primarily responsible for producing EDM’s, partially coded through a custom made WYSIWYG system, and partially through raw HTML. These EDM’s were then sent out weekly or daily depending on the period and market conditions.
I produced many images for social media and contributed to their major consumer campaign, ‘Have a Cracka Weekend’, specifically web assets (banners, social tiles, a series of EDM’s etc.) and bus panel advertising. While at Cracka I attended training in HTML coding which has held me in good stead in my future positions.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS –
- Accepted pitch for the redesign of their website
- Contributions to the ‘Have a Cracka Weekend’ campaign
- Well constructed and well designed EDM’s sent out consistently, on time and completely functional
- Development of a significant body of content for their website
- Trained in HTML coding
Masters of Convergent Media
University of Western Sydney, 2013
My masters focussed on how advertising, branding, PR, graphic design, marketing, social media and content come together to create effective, integrated campaigns.
My major thesis was centered around ways to activate areas of Parramatta City through emerging technologies.
Graduate Certificate in Marketing
University of Technology, 2012
A post-graduate course in marketing core skills, including strategy, digital technologies, market research, marketing for not-for-profits and management.
This included an original pitch to The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) on ways they could activate and expand their ‘Delicious’ publication into online and physical
Private Training in HTML
Development of core skills in writing and developing in HTML code, both through programs like Dreamweaver and raw code.
Bachelor of Visual Arts & Graphic Design
University of Wollongong, 2008-2010
My bachelor’s degree focussed on developing core competencies in concept creation and execution of both physical visual art forms and graphic design mediums.
I majored in Print Design, Web Design and Sculpture, which has given me a solid foundation for my career.